- Compiler Technology Department
- Computer Systems Department
- Information Systems Department
- Software Engineering Department
- System integration and multi-disciplinary collaborative environments
- System Programming Department
- Theoretical Computer Science Department
- Academic council
- Dissertation council
- Verification Center of the Operating System Linux
- Center of competence in parallel and distributed computing
Micro-blogging is a new form of social communication that allows users to post brief text messages to be viewed by either a limited group chosen by a user or by anyone. Micro-blogging encourages users to share information about anything they are seeing or doing, the motivation facilitated by interface simplicity and the ability to use a variety of means for posting messages. Twitter, the most popular micro-blogging tool, is exhibiting rapid growth.
We demonstrate TweetSieve – a system that allows obtaining news on any given subject by sifting the Twitter stream. Our work is related to frequecy-based analysis applied to blogs, but higher latency and lower coverage in blogs makes the analysis less effective than in case of micro-blogs.