- Compiler Technology Department
- Computer Systems Department
- Information Systems Department
- Software Engineering Department
- System integration and multi-disciplinary collaborative environments
- System Programming Department
- Theoretical Computer Science Department
- Academic council
- Dissertation council
- Verification Center of the Operating System Linux
- Center of competence in parallel and distributed computing
Sedna: A Native XML DBMS.
Fomichev A., Grinev M., Kuznetsov S.
Sedna is an XML database system being developed by the MODIS team at the Institute for System Programming of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Sedna implements XQuery and its data model exploiting techniques developed specially for this language. This paper describes the main choices made in the design of Sedna, sketches its most advanced techniques, and presents its overall architecture. In this paper we primarily focus on physical aspects of the Sedna implementation.
In Proc. of SOFSEM 2006, pp. 272-281.