- Compiler Technology Department
- Computer Systems Department
- Information Systems Department
- Software Engineering Department
- System integration and multi-disciplinary collaborative environments
- System Programming Department
- Theoretical Computer Science Department
- Academic council
- Dissertation council
- Verification Center of the Operating System Linux
- Center of competence in parallel and distributed computing
Sedna - Native XML Database System
Full-featured native XML DBMS with support for the W3C XQuery language.
XML is standard for storing and exchanging information in the Web. In order to facilitate work with big amount of XML data we developed special DBMS system that is called Sedna.
Sedna is a free native XML database, which provides a full range of core database services – persistent storage, ACID transactions, security, indices, and hot backup. Flexible XML processing facilities include W3C XQuery implementation, tight integration of XQuery with full-text search facilities and a node-level update language.
As demonstration of Sedna work, you can see our WikiXMLDB project.