- Compiler Technology Department
- Computer Systems Department
- Information Systems Department
- Software Engineering Department
- System integration and multi-disciplinary collaborative environments
- System Programming Department
- Theoretical Computer Science Department
- Academic council
- Dissertation council
- Verification Center of the Operating System Linux
- Center of competence in parallel and distributed computing
Construction of the Operating System Kernel
The aim of the course is to practice the basic principles of designing the operating system kernel and related concepts such as a scheduler, virtual memory, interrupts, synchronization, system calls, file systems and others. Each student develops gradually small operating system in C language with a small amount of x86 assembler code, which runs on Qemu emulator. The skeleton of the operating system is given to the students, and developing is carried out together in the classroom and during homework.
More information can be found here.