- Compiler Technology Department
- Computer Systems Department
- Information Systems Department
- Software Engineering Department
- System integration and multi-disciplinary collaborative environments
- System Programming Department
- Theoretical Computer Science Department
- Academic council
- Dissertation council
- Verification Center of the Operating System Linux
- Center of competence in parallel and distributed computing
Dynamic program analysis tool for automatic concurrency defect detection in multi-threaded Java programs
Start of project – 2012. End of project - 2012. Customer - Samsung.
The analysis tool was developed within the scope of a research & development project for Samsung.
The tool incorporates the following major segments:
- static Java byte-code instrumentation engine designed by the program analysis group; the instrumentation engine allows to modify target byte-code in order to include event markers used to produce a specific execution trace;
- concurrency defect detection engine ThreadSanitizer (external tool); ThreadSanitizer is used to process an execution trace generated by the instrumentation code and identify race conditions and dead lock situations.