- Compiler Technology Department
- Computer Systems Department
- Information Systems Department
- Software Engineering Department
- System integration and multi-disciplinary collaborative environments
- System Programming Department
- Theoretical Computer Science Department
- Academic council
- Dissertation council
- Verification Center of the Operating System Linux
- Center of competence in parallel and distributed computing
Marshalling in distributed systems: two approaches.
Dyshlevoi K. V., Kamensky V. E., Solovskaya L. B.
In distributed systems different modules can use different representations for the same data. To exchange data between modules, it is necessary to reformat the data. Often such presentation conversion (called marshalling) is the most inefficient part in network communication. The paper discusses some problems and concrete implementation examples of marshalling procedures.Full text of the paper in pdf
Voprosy kibernetiki, N 3, 1997.