- Compiler Technology Department
- Computer Systems Department
- Information Systems Department
- Software Engineering Department
- System integration and multi-disciplinary collaborative environments
- System Programming Department
- Theoretical Computer Science Department
- Academic council
- Dissertation council
- Verification Center of the Operating System Linux
- Center of competence in parallel and distributed computing
Transaction Isolation In the Sedna Native XML DBMS.
Pleshachkov P., Novak L.
XML has become the most important technique to exchange data in World Wide Web. As consequence, an interest to native XML databases has surfaced. Concurrency control methods for traditional databases are not adequate for XML databases, because they do not capture the specific of XML data model. In this paper we propose a locking mechanism, developed in Sedna, which allows to achive a high degree of concurrency and takes into account the properties of structural and manipulation parts of XML model.Full text of the paper in pdf