- Compiler Technology Department
- Computer Systems Department
- Information Systems Department
- Software Engineering Department
- System integration and multi-disciplinary collaborative environments
- System Programming Department
- Theoretical Computer Science Department
- Academic council
- Dissertation council
- Verification Center of the Operating System Linux
- Center of competence in parallel and distributed computing
XDGL: XPath-Based Concurrency Control Protocol for XML Data.
Pleshachkov P., Chardin P., Kuznetsov S.
Today XML has become the most important data exchange technique on the World Wide Web. As a consequence the interest in concurrent XML processing has greatly increased.
In this paper we propose a new XPath-based DataGuide Locking protocol (XDGL), which generalizes on and extends the hierarchical data locking protocol. This new protocol takes into account the semantics and nature of XML. It can be easily implemented on top of traditional databases as well as in a native XML DBMS.
22nd British National Conference on Databases (BNCOD'2005), LNCS 3567, pp. 145-154, 2005.