ISP RAS will take part in the Tizen-developers conference TDC 2017 in San Francisco on 16-17 May
From May 16–17 San Francisco will welcome developers from around the world for the Tizen Developer Conference 2017. ISP RAS is a certified partner of the TDC 2017.
Institute for System Programming of the RAS is a member of the "Tizen.Ru" Association. ISP RAS provides cloud infrastructure for supporting development lifecycle of Russian Tizen platform. This infrastructure provides tools for community development of the platform components, performs regular automatic building and testing of Tizen platform images, and makes it easier for developers to make adaptations of the OS and build Tizen platform images for the new hardware architectures.
In 2009 ISP RAS jointly with Samsung Electronics has started projects on deploying Svace in Samsung’s software development lifecycle. As a result, in 2015 Svace has been deployed in Samsung as a main static analysis tool, including its application for checking own Samsung code based on Android and OS Tizen source code. The latter is used in mobile phones, TVs, cameras and other company devices.
Attendees of the event can look forward to illuminating presentations delivered by tech industry leaders, as well as a wide range of hands-on sessions that emphasize Tizen’s ability to advance the development of IoT devices.
The conference’s keynote will include discussions on Tizen’s ecosystem and latest update, as well as IoT partnerships and a newly developed module for the SAMSUNG ARTIK™ platform.
Keynote speakers include:
- Hyogun Lee, Executive Vice President of Samsung Electronics and Chair of the Tizen Technical Steering Group, who will address what developers can expect to see in Tizen 4.0.
- Adam Tom, Senior Vice President and Chief Technical Officer, Samsung Electronics, who will discuss how Samsung’s Smart TVs leverage the Tizen ecosystem.
- Chris Park, Vice President, Partner Platform, Glympse, who will discuss the location-sharing platform’s experience utilizing Tizen to integrate new mobile, wearable and living room experiences across Samsung devices.
- Hongseok Kim, Vice President of Software R&D Center, Samsung Electronics, who will outline Samsung’s efforts to provide Tizen developers with an ideal app development experience.
- Immo Landwerth, Program Manager, .NET team, Microsoft, who will discuss Microsoft’s experience developing with Tizen.
- Curtis Sasaki, Vice President of Samsung Strategy and Innovation Center (SSIC) who will share IoT trends, as well as the SAMSUNG ARTIK™ integrated IoT platform.
The two-day event will also feature a total of 40 specialized sessions that will explore the keynote’s topics in further detail and inspire attendees to innovate.
The exhibition hall will showcase Samsung’s latest Tizen devices and partnerships. The tutorial zone will offer attendees the opportunity to hone their skills with Visual Studio Tools for Tizen.
There’s still time to register for TDC 2017 via the conference’s official website, where developers, media and anyone interested in Tizen can also find additional information.