Arutyun I. Avetisyan
Academician of RAS, Doctor of Physics and Mathematics, ProfessorScopus Author ID: 56274803200
Director of the Institute for System Programming of the RAS;
Head of the Samsung Laboratory in Institute for System Programming of the RAS;
Head of the NVIDIA Research Centre in Institute for System Programming of the RAS;
Professor of the Control/Management and Applied Mathematics Department of Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology.
Phone: +7(495) 912-46-14;
Mobile: +7(985) 997-97-18;
Fax: +7(495) 912-15-24;
Address: A.Solzhenitsyna, 25, Moscow, 109004, Russia
- Program Analysis and Transformation;
- Software Security;
- Compiler Technologies;
- Parallel and Distributed Computing.
- Performance and power-aware optimizations in the GCC and LLVM compilers that make use of hardware-specific features for e.g. ARM and EPIC architectures, as well as profile-driven optimizations.
- Development of an LLVM-based compiler toolchain that supports C/C++ portability between architectures and allows utilizing hardware-specific features for increased performance, provides better security and reliability. The toolchain was used in the Tizen mobile platform.
- Development of methods and tools for parallel programming that improve programmers’ productivity, also for heterogeneous platforms such as GPGPU clusters.
- Development of methods and algorithms for static, dynamic and combined program analysis in the sphere of finding security vulnerabilities and other critical defects in source and binary code. The developed approaches are unique in Russia and were used for development of the following systems:
- Svace − a system for source code static analysis, which is deployed in industry and helps improving program quality and security in various Russian and foreign companies (Samsung Group, Huawei, RusBITech and others).
- Tral − a system for combined analysis of protected binary code (also is deployed in industry).
Institute for System Programming of Russian Academy of Sciences (ISP RAS), 2012. Doctor of Science in Computer Science;
Institute for System Programming of Russian Academy of Sciences (ISP RAS), 2001. PhD (Candidate) in Computer Science;
Yerevan State University, 1988-1993. Master in Applied Mathematics.
2015-present. Director of the Institute for System Programming of Russian Academy of Sciences (ISP RAS);
2002-2015. Scientific Secretary of the Institute for System Programming of Russian Academy of Sciences (ISP RAS);
2000-2002. Researcher Institute for System Programming of Russian Academy of Sciences (ISP RAS);
1997-2000. PhD student Institute for System Programming of Russian Academy of Sciences (ISP RAS).
- "Programming course for parallel computation technologies" at Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (MIPT).
- Course "Compile technologies" at Computer Science Department of Moscow State University (MSU).
- Scientific supervision of students and graduate students. Under the supervision of Avetisyan 4 PhD and 1 Doctoral dissertations were prepared.
- Member of ACM;
- Senior Member of IEEE CS;
- Member of HiPEAC;
- Deputy President of the RAS for the implementation of digital transformation;
- Member of the Expert Council of the National Technology Initiative under the Government Commission for Economic Modernisation and Innovative Development of Russia;
- Chairman of the Expert Council on Debureaucratization in the Fields of Education and Science under the State Duma Committee on Education and Science;
- Member of the Council for Digital Development and Information Technologies of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation;
- Member of the Scientific Coordination Council of the Federal Target Program "Research and Development in Priority Areas of Development of the Scientific and Technological Complex of Russia";
- Member of the Council of the President of the Russian Federation for Science and Education (2017-2019);
- Member of the Thesis Committees : Institute for System Programming (ISPRAS);
- Member of Editor-Board: Proceedings of the Institute for System Programming of the RAS (Proceedings of ISP RAS).
Organizer and Program Committee Member
- ISPRAS Open 2020;
- OS DAY Conference 2020;
- Ivannikov Memorial Workshop 2020;
- OS DAY Conference 2019;
- Ivannikov Memorial Workshop 2019;
- ISPRAS Open 2018;
- OS DAY Conference 2018;
- Ivannikov Memorial Workshop 2018;
- The Ivannikov ISPRAS Open Conference 2017;
- OS DAY Conference 2017;
- ISPRAS OPEN 2016;
- RuSCDays'16 (Russian Supercomputing Days 2016 International Conference);
- International Conference "Cloud computing. Education. Research. Development" (2010-2015);
- Open Conference on Compiler Technology (2015);
- Open Software in Continuum Mechanics (2012-2015);
- Section "Technologies of creation of secure software" RusCrypto (2013-2015).
- "Cloud services" Workshop (2011);
- International Summit "OpenCirrus" 2011.
- Avetisyan A.I. Modern techniques of static and dynamic program analysis for automating software quality improvement process. Dissertation for the degree of Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences. Moscow, 2012.
- Avetisyan A.I. Research and development of the ParJava programming environment for parallel computing systems. Dissertation for the degree of candidate of physical and mathematical sciences. Moscow, 2001.
- Andrei Tchernykh, Mikhail Babenko, Nikolay Chervyakov, Vanessa Miranda-López, Arutyun Avetisyan, Alexander Yu. Drozdov, Raul Rivera-Rodriguez, Gleb Radchenko, Zhihui Du. Scalable Data Storage Design for Non-Stationary IoT Environment with Adaptive Security and Reliability, IEEE Internet of Things Journal (Volume: 7, Issue: 10) DOI: 10.1109/JIOT.2020.2981276.
- Vanessa Miranda-López, Andrei Tchernykh, Mikhail Babenko, Arutyun Avetisyan, Victor Toporkov, Alexander Yu. Drozdov. 2Lbp-RRNS: Two-Levels RRNS With Backpropagation for Increased Reliability and Privacy-Preserving of Secure Multi-Clouds Data Storage, IEEE Access, DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2020.3032655.
- Gliner Vadim, Keidar Noam, Makarov Vladimir, Avetisyan Arutyun I., Schuster Assaf, Yaniv Yael/ Automatic classification of healthy and disease conditions from images or digital standard 12-lead electrocardiograms, Scientific Reports, DOI: 10.1038/s41598-020-73060-w.
- Efimov V.Y., Batuzov K.A., Padaryan V.A., Avetisyan A.I. Features of the deterministic replay in the case of a minimum device set. Programming and Computer Software, Volume 42, Issue 3, pp 174-186, 2016.
- S. Sargsyan, Sh. Kurmangaleev, A. Belevantsev, A. Avetisyan. Scalable and accurate detection of code clones. Programming and Computer Software January 2016, Volume 42, Issue 1, pp 27-33.
- F. Armenta-Cano, Andrei Tchernykh, J. M. Cortés-Mendoza, R. Yahyapour, A. Yu. Drozdov, P. Bouvry, D. Kliazovich, A. Avetisyan, S. Nesmachnow. Min_c: Heterogeneous Concentration Policy for Power Aware Scheduling. CCERD 2015 - The 6th International Conference "Cloud Computing. Education. Research. Development". Moscow, Russia, December 3-4th., 2015. Proceedings of the Institute for System Programming of the Russian Academy of Sciences Digest, Vol. 27, 6. 2015, p. 355-380 ISSN 2220-6426 (Online), ISSN 2079-8156 (Print). DOI: 10.15514/ISPRAS-2015-27(6)-23.
- Jorge Mario Cortés-Mendoza, Andrei Tchernykh, A. Yu. Drozdov, Pascal Bouvry, Ana-Maria Simionovici, Arutyun Avetisyan. Distributed Adaptive VoIP Load Balancing in Hybrid Clouds. Proceedings of the 1st Russian Conference on Supercomputing (RuSCDays 2015), Moscow, Russia, September 28-29, 2015. Edited by: Vladimir Voevodin, Sergey Sobolev, CEUR-WS: Vol-1482, p. 676-686, 2015 ISSN: 16130073.
- Fermin Armenta-Cano, Andrei Tchernykh, J. M. Cortés-Mendoza, Ramin Yahyapour, A. Yu. Drozdo v, Pascal Bouvry, Dzmitry Kliazovich, Arutyun Avetisyan. Heterogeneous Job Consolidation for Power Aware Scheduling with Quality of Service. Proceedings of the 1st Russian Conference on Supercomputing (RuSCDays 2015), Moscow, Russia, September 28-29, 2015. Edited by: Vladimir Voevodin, Sergey Sobolev, CEUR-WS: Vol-1482, p. 687-697, 2015 ISSN: 16130073.
- Armenta-Cano F., Tchernykh A., Cortes-Mendoza J.M., Yahyapour R., Drozdov A.Yu., Bouvry P., Kliazovich D., Avetisyan A. Heterogeneous Job Consolidation For Power Aware Scheduling With Quality Of Service. Proceedings of Russian Supercomputing Days, Moscow, Russia, 2015. pp. 687-697.
- Avetisyan, A., Kurmangaleev, S., Sargsyan, S., Arutunian, M., Belevantsev, A. LLVM-based code clone detection framework. CSIT 2015 - 10th International Conference on Computer Science and Information Technologies, 2015. pp. 100 - 104. DOI: 10.1109/CSITechnol.2015.7358259
- Cortes-Mendoza J.M., Tchernykh A., Drozdov A.Yu., Bouvry P., Simionovici A.M., Avetisyan A. Distributed Adaptive Voip Load Balancing In Hybrid Clouds. Proceedings of Russian Supercomputing Days, Moscow, Russia, 2015. pp. 676-686.